Friday, June 10, 2011

Time Off.....

I recentlly took a day off from work. No real planning....other than asking late in the day if I could take off the next day (gotta take my vacation time before the end of August of I lose it). So Tuesday near 5p the boss said yes to Wednesday off. So I took it!

No real plans, just burning a day. I thought I might go in.....maybe even just half a day. My body knew that morning when the alarm went off that I didn't really have to go in--so I slept a bit longer. I took my time waking up...getting up and getting started. I piddled......watched a little morning television (it was Meredith's last day on the Today show--not something I normally watch)....thought about catching a movie (a chick flick) then decided against it. Finally up and going I headed out for a little shopping.....a new outfit for the beer fest this weekend (finding that was luck!).....picked up essentials at Target (ya know, toilet paper, etc).....a run through Specs (why not!)...a quick (yummy) lunch at a place I'd never been (Chinese place in Rosenberg near Kroger)...then grocery shopping and home.

This is the fortune which accompanied my meal...

No comments: