Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Good Grief!....and 44 approaching....

GEEZ....I knew I'd been busy but I can't believe I've not blogged in over a month...Summer at the office has been brutal and who knows when things will start to slow.....Classes have started and everyone is trying to get into a routine...or back to a routine....

With that said I am once again in my routine of chronicling the month leading up to my birthday. I started this the year I turned 40. I scrapped along the way so only a page of two to finish by my actual birthday....41 I had an excuse for being a bit behind and taking longer--I celebrated that year with a trip to Branson. That was bittersweet considering the last time I celebrated my actual birthday in Branson was my last trip with mom. Instead of getting to see the Oaks on the 4th I got to see Tony Roi-the Elvis Tribute artist and later that evening I went to the 'Tillis Family Reunion' with Mel and Pam Tillis--mom would have been proud.

And then came my 42nd year and man what a year it was! The early part of the year started with strange things happening with the final result being a late spring diagnosis of MS. Time to learn a new normal. Documenting a page a day become more meaningful that year....but it also took some extra time. It was mid to late November before I actually finished; but I did finish. Obviously 43 was next. I was still learning how to juggle my new 'friend' and still trying to burn the candle at both ends and in the middle. I still haven't finished 43.....

So here we are now....just four weeks away from the big 44....I have my album...I've started to document through pictures--and I've printed them! I have high hopes of keeping up this year so that by the time the day actually rolls around I will have an almost complete album--we'll see how that goes....wish me luck!



9/6/10--lunch at Lopez and the new CK



9/7/10--New shoes!!

No comments: