Sunday, April 24, 2011

HIll Country Adventures...

Yes...I'm a week behind....but at least I'm catching up.......

(Last) Saturday morning after breakfast at Denny's we headed to the Gilespie County Fair Grounds for the Country Peddler Show---it was 'His and Hers Weekend' so there were things to appease both men and women. Saw some cool hunting stuff and I picked up a few goodies. And the honey says there was a woman hitting on him though I never saw her......


After that it was off to the Nimitz Museum of the Pacific War. A very cool and interesting place. We were there for a few hours taking it in and still didn't see everything.... Made me think of my dad and the silk parachute my brother has that was taken from a Japanese paratrooper that dad shot down during the war. We are looking for the 'right place' to house the atrifact so it can be viewed by future generations.



The first stop after the museum was one of the many biergartens for refreshment. The honey was in heaven with the selection of dark beers. I stuck to DP since I would be driving soon.
After the beer it was time to hit the scrapbook store--with the honey patiently waiting as I ooohed and ahhhed over all the merchandise and tried to limit myself in regards to purchases.

A quick bite to eat--honey was starving--and off to Austin. Checking in the hotel was a breeze--thank you Priceline (first time I'd done that). Since I was very familiar with the area in which we were staying I couldn't ignore the 'pull' of Michael's and Barnes and Noble so while the honey rested I went for a brief shopping trip---would have been longer if it hadn't been after 8p already. Back to the hotel and shower and bed--Sunday was to be another big day with the MS 150.

No comments: