Thursday, February 16, 2012

Adventures of MS Girl

I am such a lucky girl (said in a snarky tone). For valentines (that night) I noticed dizziness and being off balance in addition to just flat out being tired.

Wednesday morning I did not want to get out bed--even less than usual. Still wobbly and noticing tightness in my right leg. And no energy. Oh joy. Slept most of the day.

Dragged myself out of bed this morning and to the office. First task was to email the Neuro about what's going on. A few emails back and forth and a phone call from the doctor (I have a fantastic Neuro with a fantastic staff). Meds called in--of course who knows when they will actually be delivered--could be Saturday could be Monday--and a trip to the medical center for an injection this afternoon. NOT steroids but one of the early drugs used for 'treating' MS--Acthar Gel (kinda *my* miracle drug as usually a few doses will perk me up and here's hoping for the same results this time).

At least now (finally) I know the signs and can get a jump on things (hopefully). Still tired with some stiffness but totally confident I will be bouncing back soon! So no need for anyone to worry--but thanks for any concern!





Evening traffic on 59 south--ICK:

Ok, so I was as bit ahead of the major traffic but still....ick

No comments: