Sunday, January 14, 2007

Winter Finally Arrives....

So it appears that 'winter' or South Texas' version of it has arrived....at least for a day or so. The temperature has dipped and promises to go down for the next day or so-at least according to all weather reports. This afternoon it was chilly and windy as I left for my monthly book club meeting. Forty five miles or so away (north) I arrived at my destination and opened my door to warm air. Not exactly what I was expecting. How is it the cooler weather had arrived at my home but not north of me? I'm sure everything thought I was nuts wearing long sleeves and a jacket. Good thing I didn't put on the heavier sweater I first thought of wearing--I would have been very uncomfortable. And so I'm home, nice and toasty inside (something I wasn't this time a year ago in my former domicile) listening to the rain come down steadily. I wonder if it will really be as nasty and icy tomorrow as the reports predict. Will I be stuck inside all day for safety's sake? Guess I'll just have to wait to see what morning brings. Whatever it may be, at least I can sleep in!

No comments: