Saturday, September 08, 2007

I lied...kinda.....

So this is what my desk looked like on the afternoon of 9/7/07, which is actually much better than 9/8/06. I spent most of the morning trying to get files taken care of and off my desk--I should have taken the picture before I started. But I was happy to find there there actually was a desk under it all. With luck over the next couple of weeks I'll find the rest of it! And Timmy, my desk at HCC never looked that bad.

No big plans for the weekend outside of possibly trying to clean up around the place--like I should have done over last weekend. Perhaps this time I'll make some progress. Of course too, I've been thinking of maybe catching a movie--I've been wanting to see the Nannie Diaries (cause it looks funny). But then I really, really need to get some things done around home before next Saturday.

I opened my cable bill yesterday to find they have raised the rates, again. This is the third time since the start of summer and it's been out more the past two months than ever--and now they expect me to pay over fifty bucks. Forget it. I went straight to the computer and phone and called AT&T to find out about Dish. I can get phone, internet and dish for about $105 (plus tax) a month. And dish offers a lot more choices. Unfortunately I also have to have a statement from the complex that dish is allowed so I have to wait till next weekend for installation (since the office was already closed yesterday). So this month I'll be paying a good portion of that bill for crappy cable service (I knew there was a reason I always referred to it as crappy cable) and for dish but in the end I suspect I'll be happier.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: