Thursday, September 06, 2007

Some things never change...


This is what my desk at work looked like almost exactly one year ago today--this picture was taken 9/8/06, as part of my page-a-day album I did leading up to my 40th birthday.
Basically for the four weeks leading up to my birthday I took a picture of something I encountered or experienced that day. It was a way to document the month of my life before the big 4-0. The pictures ranged from Willy (the cat) to things such as my desk, some place I'd been or even what I had for dinner that day. A scrapbook layout was done for that day and then kept in an album entitled '4 weeks till 40'.

It's been fun to look back and see that 'snapshot' of my everyday life. In fact, I've decided to do another this year. My new title? The Other Side of 40. I began taking pictures Sunday (9/2) but have yet to scrap them yet--this weekend's project. Even though today is the official four week mark till the big day, I decided there should be a few 'bonus days', thus my somewhat early start.

I flipped through last year's album tonight and saw this picture and realized my desk looks just as pitiful today as it did almost one year ago (it may be worse now). So I'm posting this pic here for all to see and I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow of my desk for my 'topic du jour'. Comparison will show that 'old habits die hard' and my desk is as much a disaster today as it was last year because....some things never change!

1 comment:

Timmy said...

That desk looks like your desk at HCC. LOL