Sunday, May 10, 2009

Domesticity is not something I get from my mother....

In fact...I have very few domestic qualities--thank you mom. LOL Granted there are times I want to be domestic....I'll bake, cook a little, even attempt to clean. That's about the extent of it. I thank my mother for this um, trait...lack of a trait....

Mom's motto was always, 'to hell with housework, it'll be there when I'm long gone'...and how right she was. Nearly six years later I've still not become June Cleaver (like that was ever gonna happen anyway). I try. I don't live in filth and squalor. I do have stuff...lots and lots of stuff...everywhere. I'm trying to be better, really I am. Compared to the homes I see on Clean Sweep mine is not too out of control but by other's standards it is. I can live with it...and I am working on getting better.

So the goal for me this Mother's Day is to be a bit domestic. I'm tackling that list that always needs attention...clean the bathroom, laundry, vaccum, you know the drill. Additionally, I finally found a new comforter set for my bedroom so I have plans to get that in place and new curtains up. Also hoping for time in the early evening for a Target run to pick up Euro pillows to go with my new Euro shams--lucky me, they're on sale this week!!

Ok...back to my domestic chores!

No comments: