Sunday, May 31, 2009

Small Accomplishments....

That's the best way I can sum up the weekend at the moment. I accomplished little things...nothing too intense.

Friday I had a workshop in Houston and was wiped out by the time I got home. I realized--once again--just how badly I need to get curtains for the patio doors in the living room. The apartment faces the west and the afternoon sun is brutal. The heat builds in the living room and it can be quite uncomfortable till the sun finally goes down. Some nice energy efficient drapes will help that. I just need to bite the bullet, get them and then put them up--that I fear will be a major ordeal.

Saturday ran by Best Buy on my way to Carol's and picked up a new monitor--flat screen. I'm loving it! Spent the majority of the afternoon doing the Pampered Chef thing--spent too much but looking forward to getting goodies. New toys inspire me to play in the kitchen more!!

Saturday evening I took it fairly easy--once i got the new monitor set up. Oh and I finally got the wireless keyboard and mouse set up too. A wonderful thing though I feel like I'm having to learn to type again!

My initial thoughts were that today (Sunday) was going to be a day to stay home...piddle around here. But you have met me, right? Like that was really going to happen! I ended up running to El Campo to Walmart this morning-cause I'm tired of the Wharton one. Fifty bucks later I headed home. And I didn't really buy much that was frivilous....okay, maybe I didn't really need that Rachel Ray magazine but I think I may try a recipe or two.

It was early--oneish--so I told myself I should really try accomplishing something around here. I managed to get a load or two of laundry done. Talked to Melissa and decided to meet her for a bite to eat since she had to vacate her house for the afternoon while it was being shown. Grabbed a bite at TGI Fridays and had some good girl talk. After I ran by Carol's for a quick tutorial on making a mini book from one sheet of paper---now to actually sit down and do it!

And now here I am! I can't believe it's nearing 8pm. It's going to be a busy, busy day at work tomorrow but hopefully that means the day will go quickly. I will spent the next couple of hours relaxing, finishing up laundry and maybe trying to actually work on creating some...oh and playing on facebook a bit--darn you Joey!!

1 comment:

Nancywithajones said...

so how does that flat screen work with your eyes? do you have optic neuritis? what about the coloring?

oh i want to see your album!!
hugs my friend miss you (can you see im trying to catch up?)