Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Year's Day goodness





I admit, I am not a big fan of black eyed peas--especially after getting deathly ill as a child during the night after having had a large helping of black eyed peas for dinner. Let's just say, they are not good the second time around. Mind you, it wasn't the peas that made me ill but some sort of bug going around but at that age you tend to associate such things.

Tradition, lore, superstition, whatever you choose to call it states you should have black eyed peas and cabbage for it will bring good luck and money. Fast forward and it's New Year's Day, 2011. With the new year I decided perhaps this time honored tradition should be followed, at least this once. The honey brought sausage and the cabbage and I had the black eyed peas and some rotel tomatoes to spice them up.

We had more than enough food for the two of us and it wasn't half bad! I actually enjoyed dinner and was stuffed and the honey was happy too.

No comments: