Thursday, December 24, 2009

SNOW!

For the second time this month I have experienced snow. It's a white Christmas eve in Dallas and I'm here for it! Driving in was no fun as it seemed to snow harder the further west I went. I encountered the first flurries in Corsicana but it wasn't wet snow. By the time I hit Dallas the roads were wet. As I approached Grapevine the snow was blowing harder and ice had formed on my windshield wipers. The last ten or so miles were quite a challenge as there were times I had little visability. I took it slow and easy and made it safely to the hotel. THe winds were gusting between 40 and 50 mph. By the point I checked in the hotel I was ready to get inside. It was later while eating dinner that I realized I might possibly have missed my chance for snow pictures....oh well! I got a few in the darkness.

The hotel is DECKED OUT...quite a sight to behold. For a split second I realized I might not have thought out this little adventure quite so well but those thoughts were fleeting. You only live once and who knows if I'd have an opportunity to do something like this again. So......Merry Christmas to me!

No comments: