Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it odd....?

....being able to remember silly, inconsequential things such as something you were wearing at a particular point in time? For example...not only can I tell you where I was and what I was doing on 9/11 when the World Trade Center was hit but also what I was wearing? Mom was in the hospital-yet again though just exactly why I couldn't tell you-and she had asked me to spend the night before (9/10)....I had gone to the hospital straight from work.....I had on a black skirt, long sleeve button down red shirt, hose (back when I thought you had to wear hose with skirts-silly me) and black flats. I had slept in her room in that very outfit and had walked over to the cafeteria mainly to appease mom that I eat (which I didn't). Nothing appealed to me so I was on my way back to her room when I saw the footage on the televsion in the surgical waiting room....turned the tv on when I got back to her room and we watched the rest of the day....

I can tell you the jeans and tshirt I put on the day mom died...still have the tshirt though the jeans haven't fit in quite some time......

I can remember things I was wearing when I had particularly bad days at work--that I'd really like to forget. And I associate those items with bad feelings....one shirt I still have and despite the bad feelings it often evokes, I do still wear it from time to time--guess I really should get rid of it!

Yep...these screanrios solidfy that the human mind is a wonderous thing. How is it I can remember something so vividly I wore over eight years ago but cannot remember what I needed from the grocery store or why I went in to another room?

And yes....and keeping with the title of my blog...these are just idle, random thoughts!

Happy New Year. Here's hoping 2010 is a fabulous year!

No comments: