Sunday, December 20, 2009

WHAT a week....

So busy I don't think my head hit the pillow before midnight any night. When most weeks were dragging, this past one was gone in the blink of an eye! I somehow managed to get office gifts made--even dropped them off Thursday night so I didn't have to tangle with them Friday morning.

My loving family changed plans on me and 'Christmas dinner' was moved to Friday night. It might not have been an issue had it not been the last official work day of the year and the last day of the term. Processes were still being run at 6:30pm when I left. I made it to Baytown only to be misdirected by the GPS...so I had to be 'rescued' by family. It was a very late night as it was almost 1am before I got home.

Saturday morning I slept in and took my time getting moving. I finally dressed and headed out to crop about 1:30p. And just my luck I experienced car issues within a few miles of my destination. Once again, family came to the rescue to get things going again. Lucky me, I had a vaccuum hose bite the dust.

So before preceeding to Mike's birthday dinner we spent the time running between auto parts stores and Home Depot (yes, Home Depot) while Johnny gathered items to fix the car in a MacGyver fashion. Don't laugh...it's working! Although after much debate I will be contacting my regular mechanic in the morning about getting the factory part--just to make certain. Hoping that doesn't cost an arm and a leg....

Due to just being flat out tired I slept in and cancelled breakfast with Mike and Deb before they headed back to Dallas. Spent the day napping and doing nothing. Then news from Joey that her beloved uncle passed after a valiant struggle to overcome injuries sustained in a horrible wreck.

Here's hoping the new week goes much smoother...

No comments: