Saturday, July 02, 2011

Fort Worth Weekend...

So last Saturday morning the honey and I loaded up and headed for Fort Worth--all for me because I had tickets to see the Oak Ridge Boys.....so off we went....along the way we stopped in Waco to check out Crop, Paper, Scissors--picked up a few things but overall wasn't all that impressed....

After a little blip we were finally able to get in our room at the downtown Sheraton--wish I could say I thoroughly enjoyed that hotel but I can't (that's a whole other story but let's just say my room charges ended up being reversed after a few calls to the management staff...)

We met family for dinner at my favorite Ft. Worth BBQ place-Ricskys....where we ate, drank and laughed--a good time for all...then a stroll (yes in the blazing heat and humidity) that included 'cowboys' singing on the corner.



The honey survived the show--while he was physically present I know mentally he was somewhere else cause that just wasn't his thing--yep, I owe him big time...

Sunday morning we were up and off to meet family again for a yummy Mexican breakfast near the Stockyards (drove the honey through) then home we went.A quick trip with a few bumps but full of good food and great company.

And believe it or not....I didn't take that many pictures! Kinda disappointing in hindsight but it'll be okay....

No comments: