Sunday, July 10, 2011

CKC

I decided this year that I would take full advatage of CKC being in Houston. I took a vacation day and booked a hotel. I check class listings and signed up for a couple. My thoughts were that this would be a nice mini vacation. I could relax, scrap and shop. Though my original plans were not to go solo it worked out that would be the case--no problem for me!

After finding a friend from high school would also be in attendance, we made plans to meet up and 'play' together at the crop Friday night. Initially I only had plans for two classes but after our Thursday night chat I decided to add a few more when I picked up my registration on Friday morning. I'm glad I made that decision because the extra classes proved to be the ones to get me thinking outside the box and sparked my creativitiy.



I signed up for a Prima 'grunge class' that was to be 'boy themed'--basically how to use all the Prima goodness (which is often frilly and flowery) to make a masculine album. It was my first class. Unfortunately, our class kits did not arrive and we had an instructor with no supplies. Fortunately she had enough kits from another scheduled Prima class (which I had just added) that we would do in class--while still getting our original class kit once it arrived the next morning--kinda like getting a class for free. Since I had signed up and paid for a class that I had now done the project the wonderful folks at CKC allowed me to change my class--so it was still like getting a class for free.

My final class on Friday evening was titiled I Love That Paper...from the desciptions I was thinking it would be about using the various beautiful patterned papers as backgrounds, etc. It turned out to be a class where we took some cute but funky paper and cut our various elements to put together a layout. I loved it! It got me thinking outside the box. It gave me a boost to unleash my creativity.

No comments: