Sunday, July 15, 2007

Blogtime Baby...

I have got to do better with the blogging...I manage for a few days and then slack off again. If only I could get organized...maybe then I would manage to blog on a regular basis. Hell if I'd get organized I'd probably get quite a few things done on a regular basis!

All weekend I've been trying to motivate myself to do something constructiver around here--maybe unload a few more boxes (yes, I've been here just over a year and still have boxes but the place is the size of a postage stamp), work a little organizing--heaven knows I could use some of that, work with a few of the hundreds of scrapping supplies I have or even just read some of the many books I continue to buy that pile up in a corner of my bedroom. Which brings me to the question...what happened?? I used to read all the time and would finish a book in no time. The last six months it has taken forever for me to finish a book--not good when you a thing for buying two and three a month. Just another thing to add to my 'to do list'.

The back-to-school stuff is starting to pop up in various stores. I'm hoping for some cute things to add to my place. Still looking for a few accent things now that I've finally settled on a color scheme for the spare bedroom/office/scrapspace. Decided on black with purple accents--unless some other color catches my eye. There's just something about 'back-to-school' time other than it makes me crazy at work with everyone waiting till the last minute. Kinda like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail when she talks of bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils. Sometimes makes me long for the days of shopping for school supplies. Maybe that's why I like new scrap 'pretties' so much...they remind me of sparkly, new school supplies. Hmmmmm

And here it is Sunday night. Betime will be upon me before I know it and I will have accomplished nothing this evening--no reading, no scrapping. And forget accomplishing anything on Monday night--that's my busiest day/night of the week. After a full day at the office it's the mad dash home to change clothes and run to the chiropractor (or to see my 'boyfriend' as we put it at the office) and then yoga class where it's always too warm (something about 'the practice' and it being 'good' but it's too hot for me!) and there are positions I just can't quite seem to get in or hold for all that long. By the time I get home it's time to drop into bed.

If only I could be a kept woman....

No comments: