Monday, July 16, 2007

EXHAUSTED....

Mondays are my L-O-N-G days....first a full day of hell (work) then off to see my 'chiro boyfriend"-to be known from now on as CBF- and top it off with yoga-chick. So this afternoon I'm running my ass off trying to wait the front counter, answer phones, file and process a few problem files. By the time five arrives I literally feel as though someone has taken me outside and beat the crap out of me. Being ever faithful I race home, leave food for the kitty, change into clothes I really shouldn't be seen in public in (stretchy yoga clothes), drive like a bat-out-of-hell to see the CBF who I think takes great pleasure in seeing what he can do to make me wince in agony or curse on any given day, then head for a session with yoga-chick to try to move in ways this body just doesn't want to go.

Today however somewhere between racing home and then to see the CBF I develop a splitting headache predominantly over my left eye. So by the time I begin my first schedule torture-or therapy as CBF calls it-I am in agony, feeling nauseated and praying it doesn't develop into a full blown migraine in which case I would be screwed and CBF would be 'stuck' with me for probably an hour or so. The tens unit is so bad (muscle stimulation--feels like thousands of little needles, but in a good way, if you've never experienced it) and then the ultrasound. Now I can get into ultrasound....lay down (ahhhh, naptime) while someone basically massages the small of my back with warm gel on an ultrasound head. This always seems to end way too soon. Some days this is more relaxing than others--seems CBF has a revolving staff and some of them don't apply pressure and go too fast while others in the words of "Little Bear" are 'just right'. Today ultrasound was particularly peaceful as it was just the right amount of pressure and the girl didn't feel the need to chatter on. But then it seemed to end way too soon and next it was time to see the CBF. Today is a busy day so I actually have to wait to get in. So sitting there my head feels as though it's about to spin off and I fear the slightest motion will result in unpleasant outcome (reading hurling my toenails). Thankfully that soon passes and then it's my turn 'on the table'. I get a nice back massage-that always ends too soon. I can hear CBF in the next room tell one of the girls to tell me he'll be right with me (as though I can't hear him).

So here I am, face down with my fat ass in the air and my head splitting. The next sensation is the CBF rubbing my back. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, if only it would last a bit longer. Next he begins to stretch and twist my spine trying to get it to align as it should. Unlike some days he only made me wince one time with pressure on my tailbone. He always manages to hit it in just the right way to wince and practically come off the table as he reminds me to 'take it easy' to which I always reply that HE'S the one who needs to take it easy. After all that he hits some pressure points on my neck and face trying to ease the headache--which works until I actually leave his office. Another week with the CBF behind me and now it's off to yoga and what I'd really rather be doing is crawling into bed.

But I drag myself over to yoga-chick's place. She only tries a few new things tonight that make me wince and shake my head no way. There are just some things this fat girl's body isn't meant to do. Yoga-chick is very understanding and forgiving. In fact I think others in the class may actually feel neglected because yoga-chick always seems to spend extra time with me to make certain I'm not doing too much or am doing what I should to benefit my 'wreck of a back' (as CBF refers to it). Tonight's workout didn't seem nearly as intense as some of the others. If fact, I wish my first class had been as easy as tonight. Before I know it, yoga is over and it's time to head back to my side of the sticks--exhausted and ready to climb into bed.

So much for another Monday with the CBF and yoga-chick....

No comments: