Friday, July 06, 2007

Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing...

...that's the name of Keith Urban's current album (?-is that still the proper term?) and his current tour. His show is AWESOME! Two hours of all-out, hard-core rockin. Even the slow songs that really aren't that slow. The only thing I'm kicking myself about is the fact I didn't buy the tickets in the presale--forgot....and didn't get them about a month ago when I could have gotten lower level. Even so the 'nosebleed' seats weren't too bad for twenty bucks. We had a good view and the fact he has a GINORMOUS video screen at the back of the stage was a major plus. Oh and did I mention how HOT he is??? A lot of people wouldn't see that but it's in the scruffy sort of way. And by about the third or fourth song he's drenched in sweat because he really WAILS on the guitar. My only disappointment would be that HE didn't play banjo....just a couple of his band. It's not that I'm a huge banjo fan but it's cool that he includes it in so much of his music. It's a safe bet I'll be going back to see him next time he swings through town. What a night!!! And what a way to kick off what would have been mother's 85th birthday on Friday.

Having lunch with a friend in Kemah most likely to 'toast Jackie'.

No comments: