Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Down Time...

That's what today was. I hate when I'm off and yet wake at the crack of dawn and can't seem to get right back to sleep. Why is that? Work days it's all I can do to wake up and crawl out of bed but some days off I'm wide awake with no problem. But I digress. I did wake early...ran to Whataburger (in my jammies like the college kids do) to get a yummy honey butter chicken biscuit-because I'm addicted to the darn things-then sat on the couch watching JAG and munching, sharing with Willy of course. Watched another episode of JAG at 7a then decided I was sleepy again. (Mom got me hooked on JAG and I've been thinking of getting it on DVD.) I slept till after 10a!

I didn't pop right up but took my time and did basically nothing. Watched a little TV-'vintage' Gilmore Girls-read through a few things on the net and chatted online with Robin. Before I realized it was nearly noon. I finally convinced myself to throw on some clothes and 'take myself out to lunch'. There were a few options running through my mind but I settled on Cheesecake Factory--haven't been there in ages. And though I was thinking my ultimate favorite from there, chicken and biscuits, I got the bbq ranch chicken salad. YUMMY. And even the lunch portion was too big. I didn't eat till I was miserable as I have often done there. And I did get some cheesecake to go....that'll be a nice snack--I usually eat it over the course of a few days.

After CF I made a mad dash to OfficeMax for a digital card that they're out of and won't raincheck--darn it. Then it was Garden Ridge cause Rob tipped me off to a big sale. I got some cute baskets for storage for 75% off--now if I'll just use them to organize! I wish I could have found a couple more in one of the styles. After that I met a Wachovia Boy for coffee at Starbucks. He's a great guy and it's fun to just sit and visit, gossip and vent. I'm so lucky to have such good friends.

So now it's nearing 8p and I'm still trying to convince myself to do some scrapping. I think part of my hesitation is that I fear I will get too involved and have to stop to go to bed since I have to be in the office at 7:30a tomorrow.

Most of all I realize how much I have enjoyed having down time today with no set agenda and no real responsibilities. And it has helped me recharge some. It also helps knowing I only have a day and a half to work before having a weekend!

No comments: