Thursday, July 03, 2008

Holiday Weekend....

YEAH....a holiday weekend....we haven't had one since, well, Memorial Day weekend which was really just a month ago. Not that long ago, but long enough. Now with all that build up you'd think I had something big planned but I don't. I'm looking forward to having three days to whatever I please and not worry about the stacks and stacks of work to be done and all the major projects staring me in the face. So as of now, my thoughts are I can do nothing this weekend. And who knows, I might! I'm also thinking I really need to do some cleaning and hopefully the spirit will move me to do that. Of course I want to find some time to scrap and I'm even contemplating a shopping trip (as if I have money).

Just this morning I remembered a July 4th several years ago when I was working for an ambulance service and actually had to work that day. ( I pretty much worked all the holidays since I didn't have family things to do.) Anyway that morning mom and I got up and went to Humble to go shopping. After we stopped at Chilis for lunch before heading home so I could be at work at 3p. I swear I can see us sitting in Chilis as if it were just happening... Nothing out of the oridinary happened but for some reason that particular memory has stayed with me. Interesting the things we recall....

No comments: