Sunday, October 05, 2008

Best Birthday in a while...

The last really good, happy, happy birthday I had would had to have been five years ago which was my last birthday with mom and spent in Missouri. What a wonderful time it was. Little did I know she would be gone a week later.

I pretty much refused to celebrate the next year. Afterall, what could top the previous year. The next year I slowly eased back into acknowledging the day. 2006 brought my 40th and several surprises--balloons (black of course) and a cool cake (even if it was in the shape of a tombstone). I spent 2007 back in Missouri--very much enjoyable but also bittersweet since mom wasn't there. And now today (or at this point, yesterday actually). It was a wonderful day spent with great friends, fantastic food, LOTS of laughs, some shopping and some scrapping. Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special this year.

No comments: