Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On The Horizon....

....of a new month. October begins tomorrow...visions of pumpkins and turkeys and trees....hope for cooler weather....a fresh start, a clean slate, a month of possibilities. Seems we generally only think of a fresh start or 'clean slate' at the start of a new year. Why? We have one every month, every day actually. Just another reminder to enjoy the here and now and do things NOW instead of later in case there isn't a later...

I've come to look to fall with mixed emotions. What is generally my favorite time of year has become bittersweet since mom's passing...the 11th will mark six years. Seems like yesterday and yet at times it seems to have been ages ago. These are the times I have to remember the good...think of the great sense of independence mom gave me. Without that I may never have done some of the things I have. Or some of the things I continue to do and work towards. Thanks mom.

No comments: