Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ghosts or not??....You Decide.....

So it just looks like a black picture....but is it??? See the little 'spot' in the middle in the right fourth of the picture? That could be an orb of energy...the energy of someone no longer walking this earth in the form we know. It's all about perspective....

The first thing I did (first night in Branson) was to go on the ghost and haunt tour. Now normally I do not get into this sort of stuff--it creeps me out most ofter. More than anything I figured this would be a good way to learn some of the early history of the town. I was assured in advance that nothing was 'set up' and no one would be jumping out at anyone, etc. And hey, I'd be in a group so the old 'safety in numbers' theory came to mind.

The evening started out well---a little lightening off in the distance. Unfortunately before we could conclude our tour the skies did open up and we had to deal with a (quickly) passing thunder storm. We sought shelter under the awning of a bank and spent the time talking with each other. (I learned of a similar tour in Galveston from a couple from the Woodlands--who knew.) We did have to contend with a very light rain but nothing that would deter us from completing our tour. The only glitch was that this rain--light as it was--occurred when we went to the cemetary and I didn't want to risk ruining my camera...so no pics in the cemetary.

There was a definite difference in the temperature in the cemetary versus outside but it could probably be explained by the fact it's full of huge old trees that provide a canopy. That and the fact it was raining.

It was an interesting night and I would do it again and hope to do the Galveston one in January when we're all on the island.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: