Thursday, October 04, 2007

Happy Birthday to me.....

Wow...another year older....don't feel any different. The fun part about it all is that I'm in one of my favorite places and I just got to see my favorite group. I shot numerous rolls of film and snapped a few digital shots as well. It's the 35mm shots I look forward most to seeing. If they 'come out' there should be some really good ones. Group shots, individual shots, 'posing'.

And between shows I had the opportunity to speak with bass man. I was hesitant to do so but it's amazing how a glass or two of wine can ignite courage. And bless his heart, he was so gracious. Hard (for me) to believe this is the same man I had a a HUGE crush on as a teenager twenty plus years ago. If only mom were around to share all this with.

So even though it was the 'day before', I consider it a great birthday gift.

Now that it's my actual birthday I should probably get some sleep so I don't end up sleeping half the day. It wil be my last full day in town and there are a few things for me to do--pick up a few things. To make the day memorable I've made plans to see Tony Roi (the Elvis Tribute Artist) and I'll finish out the day with the Tillis Family Reunion starring Mel Tillis and three of his children--I'm sure mom would have loved it. I know she'll be with me in spirit. Hopefully I'll be able to muster the courage to get a picture with Tony (afterall, I had the guts to talk with my bass man!).

So here at nearly 12:30am I'll try to catch some sleep so I can enjoy my last day before I have to return to reality....and happy birthday to me.

No comments: