Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Two Weeks Ago Today...

...I was in Branson....seeing 'The Boys'....and loving every minute of it--even when Duane stepped on my foot! And at that time I didn't have a care in the world...nothing existed outside that moment and that theatre and they were singing for me.

One lyric always sticks in my head...from 'Ozark Mountain Jubilee'....'I hear a rooster crowing, it's a frosty morning, I can almost see the sign....rolling so fast I can't stop, I'm just a stone's throw from Little Rock, heading for that Missouri line...'

I often think of driving the Ozarks, windows down, wind blowing without a care...and in those times I can actually 'see' myself on those roads, see the signs of the strip....and I am wishing I were there. This latest trip I had been in Branson a total of about an hour and the thought that kept running through my head was that I feel happiest when I am driving those hills....and it's true. It's amazing to me I could/would feel that way.

I remember all the times mom would suggest going to Branson and I'd shoot it down. And then for some reason in May 2002 it sounded like a wonderful idea--better than just going to San Antonio (afterall that can be done in a weekend). And we went....and had a BLAST...and I wanted to keep going back---and I have. Maybe it's because after all this time I understand why mom liked it up there so much and now I think how she'd be saddened by so much of the development/progress. And even with the progress, the simple can still be found. And the feeling of freedom just driving the hills. I wish I were back there now....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: