Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to Work...

...so the college was open today but one campus was down as was our Student Information System so basically we could do no real work. Would have been better to have had the day off. I did manage to get the annual online HR training on sexual harrassment and workplace discrimination done so at least now I won't have to worry with that and meeting that deadline. I guess in that aspect I did get at least a little something productive done today. Oh and I cleaned my desk off a bit. At last word it was questionable if we're going to have the computer system tomorrow or not. If not I guess I'll actually clean my office. A good part of the morning was spent catching up with everyone and how they fared through Ike--only minor, short power outages with the exception of one person but we all have power now.

It all still feels almost surreal--all the devastion in Houston and Galveston and the things that will never be the same.

In the words of Scarlet, 'Tomorrow is another day'....

No comments: