Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One day at a time....

That's really all we can do. We get so wrapped up in our lives and responsibilities we forget to live and enjoy things. We're so harried and worried about everything when we really need to just step back, take a breath and take it easy. One thing at a time. One day at a time. Enjoy now.

I have a dear friend who always reminds me: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

This friend must really be the ultimate optimist for even when he's been down, he's still taking care of others. Focusing on their happiness. And he refuses to let anyone do anything for him! Not that he needs anything done for him but even so, even something as simple as someone buying him a cup of coffee is too much for him. This individual truly gives of himself and I know I and all who come in contact with him are a better person. He inspires me to be a better person. And he also reminds me that sometimes you just have to say, 'to hell with it all!'.

So the point of my little discourse is to remind you take things one day at a time and live for you, live for now!

No comments: