Saturday, May 26, 2007

Finally Friday...ohh, Saturday by now....

Ahhhh, a three day weekend. We started summer hours this week which means in the office by 7:30a--UGH>>>>but it also means off at 12:3op on Fridays...YEAH. Went to crop this afternoon/evening only to find my friends had cancelled and not told me. And to think, earlier I was thinking it was not a good day for me but went. I stay anyway--afterall I'd driven all the way over there and paid my money. I did get something accomplished which was a good feeling...and was able to do a couple of pages and still get away early. Home by 11p.

Had some things to get done around here before I 'run to Austin' for the remainder of the weekend. And it's been a debate with myself about going because I have soooo much here to be done. I finally realized what mom always told me--it'll be here. Go, enjoy, have a good time. And I can use the get-away. No set plans and knowing us there's no telling where we'll end up! We do plan to scrap--but we'll see how far we make it with that.

The next two weeks will be short ones for me at work so I better enjoy them because I fear it's going to be a long, busy, crazy summer. And even though I'll still have over four days of vacation time, good luck finding time to schedule them.

Next week I 'run' to Vinton to see 'Da Boys'. Now if I can only get a hotel room! Still time to deal with that. Come back from that, work just shy of three days and then have a (self-scheduled) four day weekend. The plan was to go to the scrapbook convention in Arlington but once I did a few quick calculations the base cost of that made my decision. I figure it would cost more than my Branson vacation so home I stay. But that's okay and I'm actually looking forward to it. With luck I'll actually STAY HOME and get things done around here finally. Organizing, cleaning, scrapping. I'm going to try.

Now to finish picking up around here, maybe another load of laundry or two and then off to bed.

No comments: