Thursday, May 03, 2007

Branson and other bits....

I knew it had been a while since I'd posted but didn't realize just how long. So much has been going on...a HUGE fall down an ENTIRE FLIGHT OF STAIRS the day after I last posted....and stupid, stupid me I did NOTHING till nearly three months later. Amazing what a person will do once they are in excruciating pain and hardly able to walk. But...thanks to a wonderul man (chiropractor) I am functional again. All of that is another story.

So anyway my topic is Branson....because THAT is where I am! Got in late Tuesday evening and did virtually nothing the first night...yesterday was spent running--which I knew it would be. Afterall, it was Wednesday and THE BOYS were in town. Oh the adventures. Places like this are 'interesting' and fun partly because you never know who you may run into and where....and it's even more fun when they 'know' you or at least partially recognize you. And of course, there's the 'one' that scares the s#@% out of you--but in a good way.

I don't know for certain just what it is about this place, but it's been the one place I can truly relax. I hope that continues to be the case. Things here, like everywhere, are changing so much. Going to the Lake Taneycomo waterfront just breaks my heart. I understand things change in the name of progress but I'm not so certain I care for this progress even if it does mean I can shop some favorite stores without having to drive to Springfield.....that used to be one of the adventures of the trip as well. I guess as long as I can still find 'peace' up here and the spots to get away from everything I'll be okay. And being able to slip in some time seeing favorite muscians is definite plus.

And Duane if you happen to read this...I'll get back to you on that garden!

No comments: