Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend recap



Whew...I'm wiped out!!

Friday I hit the ground running after work and headed to the Hampton Inn in Clear Lake. Checked in then met the girls for yummy Fish Place dinner and a then Debby Schuh's Just Be Album class. Debby is the nicest person and so talented! After class I headed back to the hotel to turn in thinking it would be an early night.

Just about the time I get in my jammies and climb in bed the fire alarm goes off...and it's deafening. I get dressed, grab my purse and head downstairs. Seems like it too f-o-r-e-v-e-r for the fire department to arrive. Do you know hot humid it was Friday night?!?!?!? They finally allow people to re-enter though no one ever really makes any sort of announcement. Apparently there were some unsupervised children who managed to break off an automatic sprinkler head resulting in four floors being flooded---thankfully I was on the 5th floor!

Saturday morning I dressed, gather my things and headed back to By Design for more wonderful classes. Damn that Tim Holtz and his tiny attacher--another scrap 'toy' I had to purchase! Two classes with Debby with a quick lunch in between. Uneventful an oh so cute.

Classes wrap up, I settle my bill and hit the road. About a mile or so away I notice I've been double charged--for a $15 item so I turn around. Money refunded no problem then on the road again...or so I thought.

My car will not start! It cannot be jump started....so I end up calling AAA and being towed to Wharton. The wrecker driver unloads the car and it immediately starts. WTF? I take advantage and run through a drive thru then home. I check before bed and the car starts right up.

First thing Sunday morning I head out and the car starts up. I kill the engine and attempt to restart it....nothing. Ruben comes by to check and it appears the battery--only a few weeks old is dead. He pulls it and takes it to charge. He returns a few hours later with a fully charged battery...and still nothing. There are no codes showing on any of his meters to indicate the issue. He's stumped and now I will be sending it to the mechanic. Lucky me.

I have hopes it will start for me in the morning to take it and just have someone pick me up. If not, I'll get with the mechanic about having it towed to the shop. I hope it's nothing major that can be repaired easily and fairly inexpensively. Keep positive toughts coming my way!!

No comments: