Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crappy mood turned around...

Without going into detail let me just say I've had a lot on my mind the last 24 to 48 hours. Nothing life threatening but important to me. Anyway, enough of dwelling there. Let's just say I wasn't in such a good mood or frame of mind due to all of it.

Fast forward to my email this morning. Like every morning I opened my email and scanned the topics...usual spam, bills due or paid and a couple from the MS Society. I go straight to the ones titled 'A Donation Has Been Made On Your Behalf'. The Walk is a month away and I'm sending out emails soliciting donations and have been getting a decent response.

But THIS email blew me away. My friend Isaac from high school days-with whom I share a birthday-has donated $200 in my name! I was speechless. Not only has he made such a generous donation, he has also signed up to walk. I am truly greatful to everyone who donates no matter the amount but Isaac really has me grinning from ear to ear!

To add to the pleasantness of the day I was contacted by Naomi at the MS Society about cropping once a month and I've been asked to help with organizing it! Guess I have a few good ideas she wants to harness. Looks like I'll be cropping once a month at the MS Society. New scrappy friends is always a good thing.

In addition to getting ready for the Walk, adding crops to the mix and life in general, I am working on a memory book for a coworker's step-daughter who graduates in the spring. I started with a bit of a block but I managed to knock out a page last night and we are both pleased with it.

Friday night is the College Gala starring Steve Wariner. Saturday Joey and I are hoping to catch a movie or do something fun. Wow, October is flying....how is it that tomorrow is already the middle of the month??

2 comments:

Nancywithajones said...

say it isnt sooooooo the middle of the month!!! Im still knockin out cards like crazy for fall festival.... Im staring at your box... Im still piling stuff in it.. gonna cost me a mint to mail that sucka to ya.. if i dont quit.

Unknown said...

You go girl. Life is what you make of it and you are making the most and enjoying it. You know me, I usually try to see the cup half full. It really is just as easy to be happy as it is to be miserable. It is all about choices. You cropping sounds fabby and they are lucky to get your ideas. Of course they want your help. They aren't stupid after all. I am very happy for you.