Sunday, October 04, 2009

Not what I envisioned...

...today that is. Though the weather was dreary, yesterday was fun with the girls. Spent way too much at By Design--now if I'd just get in gear and scrap! Today however has left much to be desired....

Goofy cat whining all morning to go out in spite of the downpour. I had a massage scheduled then planned for a nice late lunch then maybe a little shopping before coming home to play with paper. Got soaked just trying to get out my door--gonna have to have words again with the complex about cleaning out the gutters on my side of the balcony.

Came in to change, grabbed clothes and made the attempt to leave again--knowing I would be late due to the weather. Got in the car, just after going through a miniature lake trying to get out of the complex the check engine light begins to blink off and on and the idle is very, very rough as though it's about to die. Make the block back to the apartment. Call to cancel massage cause I am NOT getting out on the highway in the downpour in a sluggish vehicle with the check engine light blinking.

Decide to check it with a run to the post office a bit later. Light now stays on and the idle is still rough. Go arond the block, come home and decide to take a nap.

I awake to find the sun shining as though there has been no monsoon. I decide to just start the car. Let it run a few minutes. Light on but running like normal. Wait a bit and make the aborted post office run from earlier.....light on but running fine. Stop by the auto parts for Seafoam-a fuel additive/cleanser--just in case there is water in the lines. Watch the end of a Lifetime movie then decide I do need to find food...want Mexican.

Light on but running normal...go to Los Cucos for some mediocre Mexican food and a pina coloda-happy birthday to me. Nice, relaxing until.....a large group of women with a screaming child are seated right across from me. Why is it in certain cultures they feel as though they must practically yell at each other across a four foot table? Yes Carol, they were of the purple persuasion.... Oh and let's not leave out that ever other word is f*^%.....oh and the continual bitching that the tea isn't sweet--HELLO...that's why there are all sorts of sweetners on the table! I could not get out of there fast enough.

Thinking of a side trip to Walmart but can't recall what I was needing/wanting--could have something to do with the disappointing day and the carrying on beside me at Los Cucos. Light is off (and hopefully it will stay that way) and seems to be running fine.

It's 7:30p, little if anything today went as planned but that is life. Always throwing us a curve ball and keeping us on our feet! On to another year....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry it was such a crappy day. Hopefully it will get better. Seemed to be something in the air. Must have been rain. LOL Happy Birthday anyway.