Thursday, November 15, 2007

I know...I know....

....I am majorly behind. I haven't been abducted by aliens or sking in the Alps. Things have just been hectic plus trying to deal with some things. I am still around just not posting as I should be. My goal--yes, I'm setting a goal--is to get caught up by the end of the weekend. So stay tuned and I'll do my best to entertain. Maybe I'll finally get my act together to load the new camera software to post pictures from the quilt show and other assorted pictures from the last two weeks.

On a current note....and an addition to 'Are we too PC?'..........

Did you see the story today on yahoo and msn (msn had a link for a video of the news story) about Santa Claus in the land down under? Seems they have been telling their Santas they should say 'ha ha ha' in place of the well known 'ho ho ho' because (get this)....ho ho ho has a negaitive connotation and is frightening to children. Why the concern???? ....wellllll, because 'ho' is an American term for a female prostitute. WHAT???? Tell me, what small child is thinking that Santa is referring to a female prostitute when he says 'ho ho ho'???? This belongs in the John Stossel 'gimme a break' spots.

....more later....promise

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was beginning to think you had disapeared into thin air. LOL

How is the new camera by the way?

We need to talk cameras soon.

Timmy said...

Well. If there were three prostitutes in a row and Santa says, "Ho! Ho! Ho!" I can see how it might be misunderstood. Otherwise, get over it. I've never heard Santa say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" LOL

Kim said...

PC is just TOO much for me! And why do Australians care about the American culture that refers to prostitutes as hos anyway? UGH!

Glad you haven't disappeared! Take care, and we'll talk soon!