Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's undeniable....

...when it comes to posting I am a slacker. I can come up with lame excuses but the biggest fact is that I've just been lazy...really, really lazy. Seems I get home and the only thing I want to do is veg on the couch--and it's not like there's anything on worth watching--other than Ugly Betty (in my opinion). So as the month draws to a close, I will try to catch up....for

I am thankful:

-for having made the decision (back in the day) to apply for the job and subsequently move to Wharton--even in those times I hate my job
-for incredible sunsets
-the half mile commute to work and the ability to run home for lunch or other issues
-for (finally) having a WalMart in town for those times when I need to pick up things like cat food and shampoo
-the sense of independence my mother gave me and teaching me to not wait for someone if there's something I really want to do
-for cool nights with I can turn off the ac/heat and open doors and windows and enjoy fresh air (and Willy can go out on the patio)
-for the ability to buy the scrapbooking toys I want and have so I can play at home without having to mooch off friends (granted I would like to have more-who wouldn't-but I do have enough for now)
-for finally getting a Taco Bell/KFC in Wharton (yeah, a new choice even if it is fast food...now if we only had a Wendys)
-for having met my great friend Louise who is so good to me in so many ways
-to know that winter break (because calling it Christmas Break is not PC) is right around the corner
-for a wonderful Chiropractor (and his staff) who puts up with my whining and is more than willing to change my treatments to include massages
-for Michaels and Hobby Lobby 40% off coupons and for Scrapbook Village who will accept them and even give a 20% off coupon to Book Club members
-for Pinecone Press Book Club and the challenges and fun kits it brings (yes, even the crappy one like tridigi--maybe I should give that one to Robin....hmmmmmmm)
-for Starbucks and their peppermint hot chocolate
-for Hospice who did so much for mom
-for the ability to care for the kitty downstairs after the woman who cared for her passed away (because let's face it, can anyone ever really own a cat?)
-for the technology to allow almost everyone to have the internet in their homes and at their fingertips
-for digital photography and all it brings (I'm so happy to have been able to get my first digital from mom because it allowed me to capture so many memories I most likely never would have on actual film--and it's also generated an interest in photography)

.....that's quite a list for now but I promise to post more by the end of the month....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How is the new camera? I am waiting to hear all about it.