Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend away...

For the first time since all this fun started I took a weekend road trip. Went to Austin to hang out with Elsa. I figured I could lay around and be lazy there just as easily as I could here. And hey, the change of scenery would be nice. Left a bit later than I would have liked Saturday morning but still had plenty of time to do whatever. For us that meant running out for lunch and then back to her place to just veg. It was a nice relaxing afternoon/evening doing just that. Girlfriend Joyce came over and we chatted, drank some wine, had a little Chinese food and chatted some more. A wonderful evening and I even stayed up till about 11p! (Just barely)

Sunday was our usual routine of sleeping in then out for brunch. Of course we had to make a run to north Austin to JoAnns Superstore. So much to see! I drooled over some of the Die Cuts With a View paperstacks but restrained myself and didn't buy any--even though they were 40% off. The heat was BRUTAL. After that it was back to the house and some more lounging. I had an itch to go to Barnes and Noble (something about being at Elsa's I always have to go to B&N). Wish someone had reminded me to wait till much later in the evening as the heat was still brutal and about did me in. I did however pick up a new MS book--this one is about 'what to expect the first year' so I thought I might find some new insight.

Spent the evening reading, watching television and chatting. Elsa fought with her computer. Made a run for the border (taco bell) and just relaxed. This morning it was up and off after a quick stop by Target for cat food (so I wouldn't have to worry with that once I got home). Now it's trying to get back into the mode to return to work. Ahhh another work week (at least it's only three and a half days for me...and next week is only four days)...

No comments: