Monday, February 02, 2009

Momma's Jacket...



I opened the closet in the spare bedroom looking for some scrap things (one of these days I'll have it organized and will share pictures). Hanging there was one of mom's jackets that I kept. It's no surprise it was there as I had done some rearranging a few weeks ago and moved it then. But that was all.

Tonight the jacket caught my eye and I decided to put it on (I kept it because it fits me), thinking I might wear it sometime in the near future. I moved the jacket to my bedroom and put it on the end of my bed and went back to playing in the studio (sounds so much more than just a spare bedroom).

Later I picked up the jacket again and discovered it smells like mom. It's been five years and a move....and yet it still smells like mom. I inhaled deeply. I remembered the last time she wore the jacket....that last trip to Branson.

No comments: