Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Old habits die hard....

When I would take mom to the doctor we'd usually have dinner before heading home and one of the places we would go was Olive Garden. Today after my doctor appointment I decided to stop at Olive Garden for a bite to eat (since it was after 3p and I'd not had lunch). Though not the same location, I did stop and have cheese ravioli--one of my favorites there. Just a little treat for myself after a good appointment.


















Dr. Brod seemed pleased with how things are progressing...in this case, not progressing. He asked how I'd been, what's been bothering me--if anything, checked on my fatigue level, how I'm tolerating the various meds, etc. Oh and he had me do what he refers to as the drunk walk and was pleased that I was better than previous times. When I mentioned experiencing some of the annoying symptoms he asked if I thought I needed a round of steriods and I quickly let him know things were no where near that bad and I did not want steroids unless I absolutely had to have them. He appeared happy with that answer/outlook...asked if there was anything I thought I needed, checked my lab results from last time, ordered blood work and told me he'd see me in six months.

I know that if I need him in the time leading up to that he is just a phone call or email away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very good appointment indeed.