Monday, November 16, 2009

This Journey I'm On....



The Katy Walk was Saturday. It was great seeing everyone and I appreciate the support of everyone who participated either by walking or donating. The final totals aren't in yet but I know the team did great and our total should be over $2000! A fantastic number for a real first effort--since last year kinda fizzled after Ike. I'm so proud of everyone who helped! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

On another note, if you've been following or communicating with me at all you know the last week has been a bit more challenging due to a flare. It started with what I thought was pain from a pulled muscle. Weeks in when chiropractic, massage and advil weren't doing the trick I contacted the neuro seeking relief. After some questions and a brief discussion he concluded it was a flare and ordered a round of steroids. I have a five day regimen of self-injections with one day remaining. While relief has not been instant, I am feeling a bit better though experiencing fatigue---others get hyper on steroids, I get fatigue. I know from experience I have a way to go yet but I have no doubt I am on the road to being 100%--or at least 100% for me.

I am probably more annoyed with myself than anything for not recognizing this for what it turned out to be. After last year I thought for certain I would know when things were changing. I have learned each manifestation can (and will)be different. I got a short, but caring, lecture from the neuro's nurse about calling sooner rather than later. It's all a learning process...


No comments: