Sunday, November 01, 2009

Wonderful Weekend....

...took my time getting things together and heading to Austin Friday and the timing was perfect--got there just a few mins before Elsa got home from work. Joyce came by with wine and cheese...oh and lemondrops....and we spent the evening munching, sipping, laughing and watching Twilight. Wasn't all that impressed with Twilight I am sad to say but the company was great.

Slept in Saturday which normally is a good thing except in this case cause it meant we were in a mad dash to get dressed and get to the capitol--Elsa had to be there at 10a--just made it. She went off to do her volunteer duty while I spent the time strolling the capitol grounds, browsing books and enjoying the day. It was a nice day for the Texas Book Festival and something I found enjoyable.

Once Elsa was done we headed off to grab a bite at Pappasitos--YUM--then did a little shopping at some of our favorite haunts before heading home---had to be there for the UT game. Elsa watched the game and I piddled and ran over to Best Buy and picked up burgers. It was a relaxing evening and we turned in somewhat early for us.

We took advantage of the extra hour of sleep and once again woke to having to make a mad dash--Elsa needed to be back at the capitol by 10a. We said our goodbyes and I took my time getting dressed and on the road. Came home the long way--by way of Cibolo--and got to see and hold Joey. He is perfect in many ways! Such a cutie.

After a couple hours visit it was time to hit the road back to reality. Since I have a gps I let it guide me a different route which made for an enjoyable drive. Stopped in Columbus for dinner then home to relax some more.

Lucky me, I have Monday off but will have to get many things done and get back in the mindset for work. Yippee....welcome November!

No comments: