Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Charlaine Harris

I found out this morning that Charlaine Harris will be speaking tonight at the Houston Public Library. For those of you out of the loop, Charlaine Harris is the author of the vampire series which HBO's True Blood series is based. It's about Sookie Stackhouse in Bon Temps, Louisiana....and vampires, and shape shifters, and fairies......and it's fun.

Elsa got me hooked on Sookie and Vampire Bill (as she refers to him) a few years ago. I could not get enough of these books and read everyone as quickly as I got my hands on them. I admit to being a bit behind in not having read the last book and one that is newly released but I'm sure it won't be long before I rectify that situation. I fell in love with these long before Twilight.

I first became hooked on Lyndsay Sands' vampire books and then Elsa turned me onto Charlaine Harris. About that time I noticed a huge jump in the vampire genre...and now it seems as though it's every where. Everyone may be abuzz about Twilight (which I do plan to see) but to me, it was Charlaine Harris who paved the way--Anne Rice is a different sort of vampire genre....

So anyway, I plan to go see Charlaine Harris tonight and hope that it's not too packed to get in! What fun it should be.

No comments: