Sunday, January 11, 2009

Working...





YEAH for me...I've been staring at this mess for months....and yes I know I am the only one to blame for this. Today I took care of the mess and cleaned off the writing desk. It is now in a usable state!

This was a piece of furniture mom wanted. I don't recall what we were looking for or how she found it but it was $100 at a local furniture store and she fell in love with it. I picked it up, put it together and it sat in the living room unused for months. One Saturday I moved it to her bedroom and she began to use it...then it began to gather items much as you see in the initial photo. It remained pretty much like that up to her death.

When I purchased my drafting table that I use for scrapping I set it up in the room that was her bedroom and moved the writing desk into a corner of the dining area where it remained until I moved to the apartment. I placed it in the living room just to the right of the table holding my television and began using it to catch things...but no more.

One more small accomplishment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks fabulous. Good job.