Monday, January 19, 2009

How Can It Be??

How can it already be January 19th??? It was just the beginning of the month and in a blink of an eye the month is almost gone. Whooosh.....that is the sound this month is making as it rushes by....

The organization thing is going slow...which is sorta okay...but I so wish I could twicth my nose ala Samantha Stevens and have everything cleaned and orderly. Got some things purged from the scrap studio/spare bedroom over the weekend. Probably could and should have done more but I am taking it at a somewhat leisurely pace. But it's coming together. Sorry, no cute before and after pics like the past two weeks of my nightstand and the writing desk. But trust me, I am making some progress!!

Only Monday evening and I am looking to the weekend--not that uncommon but this coming weekend is the big annual Island weekend. Friday to Sunday in Galveston with good friends, food, wine and the Oaks. There's a bit of aprehension in wondering just what we will find....we already know we'll have to find another place for a post-show dinner. Rudy and Paco's took quite a hit from Ike and word is they won't be back up and running till sometime next month. No fabulous, extravagent dinner culminating in a chat and a hug from one cute bass singer. But there will still be good friends and two fabulous shows.

...and week full of things to get done before heading out Friday afternoon. I always try to leave my place in a somewhat clean state and I want this time to be no exception. I just haven't been doing the picking up I should have so now I only have a few nights to pick up...and figure out just what to take with me...Friday will be here in the blink of an eye....

No comments: