Thursday, January 01, 2009

Organized in 365...

Driving home from Walmart I realized I've been going about my organization thing all wrong. Instead of trying to do it all at once (though it would be wonderful to have it done quickly), there is nothing wrong with doing it over time. So with a new outlook I will begin my quest for organization! I can strive to do a little each day--no matter how small. Granted there are some things that will need bigger chunks of time and that is fine too. What a better way to kick off a new year than to start down a path to organization....and it all ties into my word for the year--structure. Don't you love it when you have a revelation!

My first step:
















FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE...

I return to work tomorrow (yes, Friday) and suddenly I began thinking of all the things I wanted to do over break and did not accomplish, like thoroughly cleaning my apartment, purging closets, etc. And then I looked at it from another angle and decided instead of dwelling on what I did not accomplish, I should focus on what I did.

I got to spend time in Austin just hanging out.
I slept in.
Some days I just relaxed and did absolutely nothing.
I had lunch with friends.
I spent time scrapping with friends.
I spent time scrapping period!
I found the top of my drafting table (so I could scrap).
I just vegged at home.
I had a yummy turkey and dressing Christmas dinner.
I started working on organizing things.
I framed and hung scrap pages.

It may not look like a lot (considering I was off for almost three weeks) but it filled every minute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A very good plan indeed. When I first started my journey of organizing and cleaning I came home and spent 15 minutes cleaning or purging or something. Before I knew it I was making progress. A good plan indeed.