Tuesday, March 03, 2009

March Sunset





I snapped this on the way home from the chiro. The sky was so pretty....and the orange color made me think of MS Awareness week...so this is my "MS Skyshot"....I crack me up!

Today's MS info break.......

What does MS do?
When a person has MS, he or she loses myelin in more than one, or multiple, areas. The resulting scar tissue is called sclerosis. Sometimes the nerve fiber itself is damaged or broken. When myelin is destroyed or damaged, the nerves can't conduct electrical impulses to and from the brain as well. This breakdown is what produces the symptoms of MS.

The symptoms of MS are unpredictable and various. Here are a few of the more common ones.

Fatigue
Difficulty in walking
Vision problems
Emotional changes
Problems with memory, attention, and problem-solving
Bladder/bowel dysfunction
Dizziness and vertigo
Numbness/pain
Sexual dysfunction

No comments: