Sunday, March 29, 2009

On the Go....

Spent the weekend on the go. Hospice benefit Friday night was fun--sorry, no pics. Spent the first few hours working the gate collecting money. The Triumps were the entertainment and unfortunately again, no pictures. One thought that popped into my head while watching them...I guess I like old dudes (at least when it comes to music)! One of the original members of the Triumps was BJ Thomas (Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head-BJ Thomas) and these are the guys left behind when he hit it big--so that should give you an idea of their age. They are good. So, the Oaks...the Triumps...thus my reasoning about liking old dudes. LOL

Saturday I hit Williams-Sonoma with Melissa for their springtime baking demo. Fun. We signed up for the next two weeks: breakfasts and healthy cooking. They've changed the time to 11am instead of 10am so getting there shouldn't be such a rush for me. Since I didn't know this yesterday I was an hour early which resulted in a trip to Macys to kill time---$60 bucks later but I did get 2 pairs of jeans and a shirt for that. After WS we hit Coldwater Creek before leaving--mistake....they were having a huge clearance so I spent about another $60---two new purses, a pair of cute flip flops and a Christmas gift (yep, thinking ahead).

Next was a mad dash to Carol's--since I was supposed to have been there at noon. Fun, fun, fun with the girls making cute cards under Joey's direction. I should have been good and gone home after... The girls were headed to Archivers so I joined them. I actually restrained myself--only spent 12 bucks on some cute paper (like I need more paper). After that was a stop for dinner at Cracker Barrel...busy, not-so-great service, food has been better, but the company was fantastic. Headed back to Carol's I laughed so hard I was in tears and pain.

Visited with Carol and Kim a bit before heading out to make a quick stop by Walgreens before they closed. A dash through Starbucks--of course--and then home. I was pooped by the time I got there. Unloaded the car, dropped the bags on the sofa, flipped through the paper then off to bed where I lounged quite late.

No comments: