Friday, March 27, 2009

Yipeeeeeee

Another Friday is here with another jam-packed weekend. This weekend is the Heating it Up for Hospice benefit in El Campo and I'm assigned to work the gate tonight from 5:30p to 8p. After that we'll probably stick around a bit to hear the band---The Triumps started by BJ Thomas (yes, that BJ Thomas).

Tomorrow is play time at Carol's and Sunday is book club though at the moment I'm planning to skip that to have a day to rest. I figure if I'm going to be on the go tonight and tomorrow I need Sunday to recoup before an intense week at work. I am finding I am back in the mode of needing to make time to rest instead of trying to go nonstop. Ahhh, the joys of getting older.

On another note, I am a bit miffed at myself. Surfing channels last night just before nine I saw that Clay Walker had been on Sean Hannity's Fox News show and the parting thank yous included a comment about it being MS Awareness Month. Drat, I missed what Clay had to say. Soooo, I managed to catch the rebroadcast at 11p...well, part of it. The first half of the show was various current events stories. I recall hearing the teaser before a commercial break about Clay being in the segment coming up....and that's all I recall till waking up a little after midnight to Greta Van Sustran on the television. Again, I managed to miss Clay and whatever he had to say. Just my luck. I did see that he's supposed to be on one of the programs Saturday evening...maybe I can catch that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thinking you need to invest in a DVR or recorder of some sort.