Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Gotta be proactive.....

I have spent the day resting as much as I possibly can....though I've not napped today. I think too much of that yesterday was the reason behind my NOT falling asleep till sometime in the wee hours of the morning. I woke just around 7am, threw on jeans, tshirt and tennis shoes and headed to the office just to get things together for an afternoon meeting...then home and back to my recliner.

I waited for a call from the specialty pharmacy. When there wasn't one I took matters into my own hands and placed a call. I was told the meds had in fact been ordered and were being processed--that I would be contacted just as soon as approvals were acquired. When 4p approached and still no call had been received, I called again. They would get right on pushing that across....I'll have meds on Thursday. Um, excuse me...no. I need these tomorrow.....

Hold....hold....hold...checking.....just a min.....hold....yes, we can get them out today for delivery tomorrow. Hmmmm, I have a contact at the drug company from the debacle last time of getting this med...let me email him....yes, he'll be happy to assist. Wait....the pharmacy doesn't have a valid number for you to schedule the delivery (though I'd already been told it was all arranged). Send him both home and cell and a half hour later, no additional contact from the pharmacy. Who dropped the ball? Can I believe the information given directly to me that the meds are on their way or do I believe the drug rep who has been told I haven't given the pharmacy a valid number--which I provided for the drug rep as well?

Here's hoping my being proactive and rattling cages this afternoon has set the necessary actions in motions and that I'll receive meds tomorrow.

No comments: