Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Playing Catch Up...

So I've been really bad about keeping up with Carol's challenge. I started slow and then....nothing. But August is really unbelievably insane for me and this year seems worse than usual (don't I say that every August?). I then I got into Robin's page challenge and actually followed through on it. So I owe it to Carol and me to finish her challenge (don't know that I'll scrap it...).

So off we go.....

(I) Intentions. Like everyone I have lots of good intentions. It's said the road to hell is paved with good intentions and if that's true, heaven help me cause I've got quite a road going!

(J) Job Thank goodness I have one! This time last year I was in major panic...due to various things I was in danger of losing my job. It was not a good feeling and made for a not so great year. I applied and interviewed for several jobs--a couple I actually wanted (or at least thought I did). When I did not get them I had to remind myself things were going as they were supposed to and I was to just remain patient. In the end, it's all worked out--thankfully.

(K) Karma Both good and bad karma and like everyone, I'm subject to both but I try to do the right things to 'establish' good karma (if that's possible).

(L) Louise Yep, a person. Louise is a dear, dear friend. She reminds me of my mom in a lot of ways. I don't get to see her often-I'm lucky if it's once a year-but we always have a fabulous time together. I'm looking forward to spending my birthday 'week' with her this year---only four and half more weeks!

(M) Mike....Money...Moron Mike is my brother who lives in Ohio. And who doesn't like money?? According to my mother it was my second word--my first is reported to have been 'go'. Moron would be my most recent favorite word and the word I use most often to describe others.

(N) Nap I don't get to take nearly enough naps--guess I'm afraid I'll miss out on something! But there are days when I'd like nothing better than to take a nice long nap.

(O) You have to ask?? O is for Oaks! Yep, that quartet of old guys I fell in love with so many years ago (only they weren't old guys back then!). They're not only great performers, but wonderful men as well and I am fortunate to say I've gotten to meet and talk with each one. And thanks to Joe, I am now a published photographer!

(P) Packrat That's one word I would have to use in describing myself. I have a ton of stuff and always have as far back as I can remember. I think I'm too old now to change my ways.

(Q) ?? This one has stumped me so I'll have to come back to it--there are still a few days left in August!

(R) Read I am an avid reader-mainly romance, some mystery. I pretty much always keep a book with me and try to make the most of my time when I'm stuck sitting in drive throughs or other places where I have to 'wait'...

(S) Scrap....Stamp.....Spend....Stress Scrap and stamp need no explanation and looking back at M, spend really doesn't either. And then there's stress. Certain times of year my job overflows with it---this is one of those times.

(T) Tacos For some reason I am suddenly hooked on the tacos from this little hole-in-the-wall place in town...had some for dinner just tonight!

(U) Ugly Betty I got hooked on this show last year and can hardly wait for the season premiere. I'm already planning to tape it when I'm on vacation cause I'll be at Paul Revere and the Raiders that night.

(V) Vampires This ties back to the reading thing. I got hooked on vampire romances a few years ago and the last year or so it seems the genre has really boomed so I have tons of vampire romances yet to read and it seems theres a new one every time I go to the store.

(W) Waffles I love em and have been known to fix them for dinner.

(X) X-Ray An obvious choice I know but I actually am scheduled for an xray next week of my back to see how the past 5 months of treatment have worked.

(Y) Yoga I started yoga classes this summer and even though some of it kicks my butt, I like it.

(Z) Zach My chiropractor!

So...with the exception of Q, there's my list!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed. Way to go girl!!!!! Now we need to think up a new one