Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What about living for today??

This morning while working my fingers to the bone the thought popped into my head "I can hardly wait till Friday"--because I'm off. And then I was thinking of vacation and other upcoming events. Then it dawned on me. It seems we're all always 'looking forward to' something. What about today, here and now?? How many of us really live for today?? It always seems to be about looking ahead at some upcoming planned event--or even just that coveted day off be it a work day or a weekend. We spend our lives looking toward tomorrow without little regard for today. Life is about living and we need to live for now (I know I'm not the first person to say this and I'm sure others have said it much more eloquently). It's okay to look forward to things to come--and certainly to plan for them to some extent. But at the same time, we need to live for now, this moment. (Okay, not sure what triggered all the philosophical stuff but there it is.)

Right now I'm going to live for this moment. It's been a long, tiresome day and though it's nearing bedtime I'm going to take the time to enjoy my hot chocolate. I'm going to take my time going through my mail--execpt for the bills cause that's no fun (but I did see a new mailer from Archivers and the Container Store in there!). I'm going to spend a little time checking out a few websites and I may even try to read a few pages in my book if I can manage to keep my eyes open long enough to do so. I'll worry about clothes for work in the morning (and most likely end up late as usual!).

I even actually miss doing Robin's page a night challenge but tonight I'm too tired to think properly for that. Not to mention I need to print some pictures and I fear if I get started I'll be sucked in for way too long (and I do need some rest cause my 11 plus hour day is catching up with me).

Monday evening on the way home from the chiropractor there were some interesting looking storm clouds off in the distance. I managed to snap a few shots and hope to get them loaded tomorrow. I'll share a few once I do.

One other thing. Sugar Land Town Square is having an art contest the end of September and one of the categories is photography. I'm thinking of entering but can't decide on the shot (as you're only allowed one entry). I think I'll try posting a few of my considered shots here and maybe you can take a moment to leave a comment on which you would choose. I'll try to get that up by the start of next work week.

So it's off to bed I go but not before reminding everyone to live for now.....

1 comment:

Timmy said...

I worked for someone a long time ago that I really didn't care for but every now and then this person would say things that really stuck with me (in a positive way).

This person said that too many people live life like it is a train ride and live for getting to their destination. They get to the destination and then what? They didn't even notice the scenery outside the window on the way to their destination.

(You see this doesn't work using an the airplane 'cause you can't see much from 30,000 feet cruising altitude. :-) )