Friday, December 14, 2007

Break...

Winter Break aka Christmas Break (trying to be PC) is here. The first part of the week seemed to drag by and today flew. So many things don't hit till the last day and it makes for a hectic day. We spent a good part of today just laughing while trying to cram some work in between. Grades were finally run about five-thirtyish so then we could begin to run our processes. Our wonderful computer system kinda does it's own thing so we have to run one program multiple times and even then we may not get the desired results. On top of that our reports did not run correctly the first time so about sevenish we were handed new reports where the number of students had tripled. Everyone else had been gone since 4p but bossman and I along with our programmer were there till 8pm. I would like to say it's all done but unfortunately it isn't. I'll go in a couple of times between now and the first of the year to do the final clean up and run a few things in the hopes we won't be too overwhelmed when we return. Heck, I might even go in tomorrow. The nice thing is I can go in at my leisure with no interruptions.

Despite a little work, I'll have the biggest part of two and a half weeks to do whatever I want. (Although I have plenty of work to do at home.) My first project is to finish a few gifts and get cards made and in the mail (maybe this weekend since the weather is supposed to be crappy). After that I have got to get some things done around my place. Fit in a quick roadtrip to Louisiana and maybe one to San Antonio and break will be over and it will be January before you know it.

No comments: